Director, Business Development Southeast Asia
Director, Business Development, Southeast Asia
Antler, a global early-stage venture capital firm, is seeking an exceptional Director to join our newly formed Global Business Development Team based out of Singapore. This role offers a front row seat to originating exceptional partnerships and collaborations for Antler at the regional level. Details below!
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies. We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world.
Through our regional HQs across 25 major startup ecosystems (including Austin, New York, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh and Seoul), we are changing the way VC investments are made and how founders are supported at scale globally. To date, we have helped build and invested in more than 500 companies across technologies and industries such as consumer, fintech, AI, robotics, drones, proptech and healthtech. Every year, we receive more than 50,000 applications from experienced entrepreneurs and teams that want to build their next company with Antler.
We aspire to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and to add tremendous value as a partner for exceptional founders over the long term.
Since our launch in 2018, we have grown our team to 200+ amazing people across six continents. Our scale is generating incredible collaboration opportunities for Antler globally to further our core mission of finding and backing the best inception-stage founders solving the world’s most intractable problems. We have recently formed a Global Business Development and Partnerships Team to seize these opportunities. We work with corporates, capital intermediaries, governments, knowledge providers and other counterparties who have a vested interest in financially supporting global startup ecosystems and innovation. We work hand in hand with global leadership and our regional fund teams on partnership origination, execution and management.
We are seeking an exceptional Director to join our Global Business Development Team with the versatility and cultural agility to drive and execute Group mandates regionally and globally. You will be based in Singapore and work in direct functional partnership with our Southeast Asia Early Stage Fund. You are a highly energetic, independent professional with a deep entrepreneurial mindset, strong individual motivation and a highly collaborative, team-oriented working style. Most importantly you conduct yourself with a deep sense of personal and professional integrity. You thrive and are fueled by the ethos and pace of a fast scaling organization on a mission to fundamentally change the world.
This is an exciting, fast paced opportunity for the right person to be a true business builder within a highly ambitious, impact driven global organization. Antler is growing incredibly fast, from day one you will have a front row seat at a global VC in hyperscale mode. If you are ready to get onboard, we are excited to get to know you!
Skill and experience profile:
- 6-10 years experience working in the Southeast Asia startup and growth ecosystem across roles encompassing business development, corporate investing, strategy or startup acceleration/incubation (for open and closed corporate accelerators and in-house strategic growth teams); prior founder / C-Level tech experience is an asset.
- Deep network of senior level corporate relationships across the region to drive early wins and build a pipeline for long term high value engagements
- Significant track record of generating revenue and originating and structuring long term, accretive collaborations with direct P&L impact
- Strong ability to cultivate and maintain high valued relationships and manage multiple counterparties and workstreams
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to problem solve effectively with the grit to pivot effectively and refocus on driving forward to successful outcomes
- Highly comfortable in fluid, rapidly changing environments with a proven ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight
- Culturally and functionally agile and a strong business and thought partner who works collaboratively and effectively cross-functionally with colleagues at all levels in an organization
- Exceptional ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking, modeling and analysis alongside strong research skills to integrate multiple data sources to inform complex problems
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and complimentary presentation skills to produce clear, crisp and effective storytelling of key message
Work closely with the Global Head of Business Development and our Southeast Asia based Early Stage Fund Leadership team to develop and execute all facets of the Group strategy regionally. Specifically, you will own the regional P&L and drive local and regional business development mandates on behalf of the global organization and the Southeast Asia Early Stage Fund across four key product areas:
- Corporate innovation:
- Building and maintain long-term collaborations with leading Southeast Asian and Global corporates while building scaled lead generation funnels and managing long sales lead times
- Design and structure high value corporate innovation engagement models with counterparties seeking access to Antler’s ecosystem for proprietary insights, deal flow, fund investing opportunities, technology consumption, talent, networks, et al
- Drive opportunities with corporates that directly boost the Antler platform and facilitate customer, revenue and network opportunities for our portfolio companies
- Founder Services:
- Build revenue collaborations with counterparties (eg. (technology companies, banks, law firms, headhunters, PR agencies, marketing agencies, dev shops, fractional CFOs, etc.) that offer best in class products and services to help startups build and scale and who seek access to Antler to develop bottom of the funnel customer funnels
- Co-managing partner relationships with Antler Platform and Program teams to ensure that partnerships are activated, executed and measured
- Measuring impact of Founder services collaborations on our portfolio companies
- ESG/Policy/Research: build revenue collaborations with governments, third sector organizations and other counterparties seeking access to Antler’s proprietary ecosystem for ESG purposes, policy initiatives and data and research opportunities.
- Sponsorships: build sponsorships with counterparties seeking access to Antler’s proprietary ecosystem for brand, employee engagement and other promotional opportunities
This is a P&L ownership and external facing role. We will succeed together if your efforts drive meaningful revenue for Antler while creating outsized opportunities for Antler and our portfolio companies.
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- You will have an opportunity to create a legacy at Antler and have a discernible impact by building the platform that enables hundreds of companies and thousands of founders
- An opportunity to materially impact the direction and success of Antler globally by bringing onboard the next generation of Antler talent and leaders
- An opportunity to build deep understanding of venture capital, early-stage investing, and what makes early-stage companies successful
- We are backed by well-known and prominent investors and advisors
We offer a competitive salary paired with performance based incentives.