Content Lead (Multimedia), Antler India
CONTENT LEAD (MULTIMEDIA), ANTLER INDIA
- At Antler India we are looking for an experienced multimedia creator and storyteller (think: audio-video and new-age content formats) who can break the mold of how VC marketing is usually done.
- In this role you will be the creative lead and get to shape the future of our content strategy. Along with end-to-end content conceptualization, direction, production and distribution, you may also have the opportunity to host/ anchor some of the properties - building your brand alongside Antler's.
- Over the next 6-12 months, you will help build an inhouse creative studio to produce audio/ video content at scale.
- ABOUT ANTLER
- At Antler (www.antler.co), we invest in the next generation of founders who address the world’s greatest opportunities and challenges. Antler is one of the world’s fastest growing VC firms, with a portfolio of over 500 startups across 6 continents and several hundred million dollars of assets under management across funds.
- Antler India is the global pre-seed partner for India’s top founders and iconic startups. By combining a vast global network, institutional resources, significant follow-on funding and extensive hands-on support in venture building from Day 0, we solve for a missing piece in India’s growing startup ecosystem.
- We launched operations in India in 2021, with plans to deploy up to $150 million in the next 2-3 years. Our team consists of former founders and investors across a wide variety of sectors. Antler India has a portfolio of 22 companies (and counting) across a wide range of sectors - with a majority focusing on "building from India, for the world" - including Web3, SAAS, Fintech, Social, Travel, D2C and Consumer Tech, and aims to have a portfolio of close to 100 companies over the next 24 - 36 months.
- Here are some additional resources for you to go through to learn more about our firm:
- Coverage in Forbes India (March 2022)
- Hear our Partners Nitin Sharma and Rajiv Srivatsa speak about what we are building on this podcast
- You can read more about our values, team and platform here: www.antler.co/india.
- In early 2022 we launched India's boldest initiative for college founders, and India's most exclusive platform for for aspiring founders to find their co-founders, with both the inaugural cohorts underway currently. We also aim to be one of the most active funds in shaping Web3 from India.
- We are now hiring an exceptional self-starter and thinker as Content Associate within our Marketing Team.
- THE ROLE
- We are looking for an experienced multimedia creator and storyteller (think: audio-video and new-age content formats) who can break the mold of how VC marketing is usually done and build a strong content presence for Antler India.
- We are looking to massively expand into audio-video and other new age formats to reach a broader audience of not just founders but also the tech-curious/ startup operators/ students/ anyone looking to startup.
- In this role, you will operate at the bleeding edge of startup ecosystem developments, future trends and interact with some of the smartest minds in the country.
- As Content Lead (Multimedia), you will be a part of the marketing team. In this role you will:
- Define, and influence the future direction of our content strategy and properties.
- Conceptualize, produce and distribute innovative multimedia properties, as well as take the existing properties to the next level (e.g. Theory of Next on YouTube).
- Work in existing formats such as podcasts, videos, short form content while also identifying audio and video trends or new experiments to test out - to bring to life insights, future trends, new concepts and actionable frameworks to help early stage startup ecosystem.
- Set up a 'content engine' to ensure smooth operations and regular publishing.
- Have the opportunity to anchor some properties and build your personal brand along with Antler's.
- Be responsible for growing Antler India's overall brand reach through these content properties. You will also ensure that each content property is publishing and growing consistently.
- Be responsible for extending/ repurposing the brand properties across assets including content campaigns, social media, web and platforms etc.
- While in the beginning you will hold the operational responsibilities such as guest outreach, episode research, direction, post-production on your own/ or with help from external agencies; over the next 6-12 months, you will hire and build an inhouse creative studio to support audio-video content creation at scale.
- Partner and collaborate with external vendors on a regular basis, as well as continue building out a network of vendors for specific multimedia content needs, mediums, or styles.
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships, both internally with teams, fellow creatives, founders and partners; and externally with contributing subject matter experts and others.
- Consult on a need-basis on creative ideas/ marketing for portfolio companies.
- Overall, you will help develop and distribute multimedia content that influences, educates, and sometimes entertains🙂
- This is a HIGHLY CREATIVE, hands-on, challenging role that involves working closely with the Partners, marketing team, investment team, founders and subject matter experts.
- While your primary focus will be India, you will be part of a larger global team with access to work with top founders and companies in the Antler portfolio.
- At Antler, you will be part of a close-knit and high-performing team. We consistently score high on our team barometer/ work-happiness quotient and are proud of our respectful, collaborative and result-oriented work culture.
- This role is based in Bangalore but can be remote in the interim period.
- YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You have prior experience as a content creator, with a preference for audio or video content with a solid body of work. No requirement on 'no of years of experience' - we are open to talented candidates across the spectrum.
- You have created a strong personal brand online, or are actively working towards one.
- You are a confident communicator with strong judgment, in order to perform high-quality outreach and engage live with top experts.
- You have a passion and curiosity for technology, innovation, and startups, not to mention being a student of the latest trends within the social, audio and video landscape.
- You are aware of the latest media trends, but are also ready to set the next trend, not follow it.
- You have leadership qualities and executive presence: you can sell a concept to any audience, can be present and thoughtful in review meetings, have the agility to pivot and adapt the execution as the strategy evolves, and can take direction/critiques well.
- You have very good judgment: you know when to push an idea and when to play it safe.
- You can bring creative ideas to the table, but also be willing to focus on the operational needs of the role, i.e. operate both strategically and hands on.
- You have the ability to translate abstract concepts and technical topics into simple yet high quality narratives in a way that it resonates with the audience. You can work closely with subject matter experts and help them translate an idea into a living, reproducible audio/ video product with minimal guidance.
- You have the ability to work on multi-threaded projects and competing deadlines, in a fast-paced publishing environment; and the ability to collaborate and work well with many diverse personality types while also holding and expressing your own views.
- You have experience managing complex operations. Bonus points for prior experience managing contractors in the audio/video industry.
- You have an understanding of audio or video production and software.
- Note: Even if you don’t check off everything in the list, but you think you have what it takes to flourish in the role - we encourage you to apply. We are also not hard-fixed on hiring someone with a particular number of years of experience - if you fit the archetype and have the skills, let’s have a conversation!
- WHAT CAN ANTLER INDIA DO FOR YOU?
- At Antler India, we strongly believe in diversity of ideas and people. We believe that there is immense potential in the India ecosystem for entrepreneurial talent to thrive and succeed. We want to be at the forefront, helping and enabling this success across diverse sectors, people, ideas and products. If you feel similarly, you will enjoy working at Antler India.
- We foresee multiple ways to grow as a professional at Antler. We believe this opportunity can significantly fast-track a career in VC, startups, marketing and more. Antler India also provides a terrific launch-pad for entrepreneurship, e.g. operations at an early-stage firm or founding a startup. We also enable our team members to grow as intrapreneurs (owning and scaling a product within Antler). For candidates who are very passionate about VC, each Antler India role has a potential opportunity for partner-track growth. Being a global-first organization, we also provide significant access to opportunities in a wide range of geographies.
- Additionally, you are eligible for:
- Carry from the Antler India Fund
- Antler India Profit Sharing Pool
- Group Medical Insurance
- Any other org. wide perk for Antler India
- THE PROCESS
- Please fill the application form on this page (see top-right). You will receive an automated acknowledgement of your application
- We will send over a short assignment - this will be your first screening round. Post reviewing the submission, we will schedule a conversation with you.
- There will be 4-5 rounds of conversations with our partners and members of our team. We are a small team, so having multiple conversations is helpful to us and for you to get a sense of the firm.
- This is a full-time role, with competitive compensation (based on your experience and expertise).
- All the best :)
- WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM JOINING ANTLER
- Be part of one of the most active venture capital firms globally, which invests in and supports hundreds of new portfolio companies every year
- Work in a fast-growing global organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one, in a supportive culture with colleagues across all continents
- A fun and highly-qualified team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- Opportunity to create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of a company that will invest in and support thousands of disruptive companies over the coming years and support exceptional entrepreneurs from around the world who are making a difference