Korea Finance Manager / Director
Antler is a global start-up generator and early-stage VC with a mission to invest in the world’s most brilliant people to help them build global businesses.
Antler runs 6-month programs for talented technologists, commercial experts, and domain leaders to support startup generation from scratch. We help individuals find co-founders and validate, build and grow their technology companies. Antler funds select companies with up to a 200m KRW cash investment after three months. Following Antler’s investment, our operating team and advisors work closely through the growth phase of the companies. The Antler program culminates in a large-scale Demo Day.
Antler is a global company and currently exists in 22 cities around the world beyond Seoul.
You can read more about Antler via antler.co.
The Finance Manager Role
We are looking for an all round Finance Manager. You are responsible for all workflows related to tax, legal, and finance. You support the global Finance team and local Partner group to ensure smooth business operations. Our ideal Finance Manager is a critical thinker, proactively takes ownership, passionate about optimizing workflows, and works relentlessly with a high level of diligence. You are responsible for the administration of Antler’s Korea operating company and investment fund. You are also supporting each of the invested startups with incorporation, setting up their business, and following investment funding rounds. If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and opportunity to work with the most talented individuals and driven founders of future startup successes.
- Responsible for all financial and other back-office operations for Antler Korea
- Day-to-day financial tasks, including executing payments and creating invoices
- Expense control to ensure compliance with our global expense policy
- Cash management, budgeting, forecasting, and monthly payroll
- Creation and analysis of monthly management accounts for the operating company and Antler Korea VC fund, ensuring that reporting complies with accounting standards at all times.
- Monthly reporting to Local Partners and Group Finance with analysis of performance KPIs
- Work closely with auditors and manage the annual audit process of the Korea Fund and operating company
- In charge of local regulatory tax, payroll, superannuation payments, and compliance reporting
- Work closely with our global CFO & Finance function, and local management to improve and maintain Antler’s Finance, Control and Reporting functions;
- Work with our founders to incorporate their companies
- Work with local Partners in managing the cash flow and payments related to funding investments and expenses
- Ensure timely external reporting to investors, governmental regulatory bodies, tax authorities, auditors, corporate partners, and other relevant third parties
- Supporting Local Partners in managing the investment processes for follow-on investment rounds of portfolio companies
- Other ad hoc projects as and when required
In addition, we expect all our local team to participate in a number of additional activities related to the core operations of our business; these may include:
- Support the recruiting efforts of world-class founders for future cohorts
- Where relevant support the Due Diligence of investment opportunities created within the Antler programs
- Attend learning & development events aimed at expanding our team’s knowledge and skills in areas relating to Venture Capital, building highly scalable tech-enabled businesses, and others.
- Higher education and minimum 5 years of work experience in a related field such as finance or business management
- Experience in financial management, reporting, and process management
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment and experience in taking ownership of challenging tasks, working with tight deadlines and ambiguity
- Detail-oriented and process-focused with strong quantitative analysis skills
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills
What we offer
- Work in a fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibility from day one
- Great learning and networking opportunities through working with experienced leaders from top consulting/finance firms, startup founders, and tech community leaders
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- An international environment with significant room for growth