Director, Business Development & Platform
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies. We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world.
Through our regional HQs across 23 major startup ecosystems in six continents, we are changing the way VC investments are made and how founders are supported at scale globally. To date, we have helped build and invested in more than 500 companies across technologies and industries such as consumer, fintech, AI, robotics, drones, proptech and healthtech. Every year, we receive more than 100,000 applications from experienced entrepreneurs and teams that want to build their next company with Antler.
We aspire to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and to add tremendous value as a partner for exceptional founders over the long term.
Since our launch in 2018, we have grown our team to 200+ amazing people across six continents. Our scale is generating incredible collaboration opportunities for Antler globally to further our core mission of finding and backing the best inception-stage founders solving the world’s most intractable problems. We have recently formed a Global Business Development and Partnerships Group to seize these opportunities. We work with corporates, capital intermediaries, governments, knowledge providers and other counterparties who have a vested interest in financially supporting global startup ecosystems and innovation. We work hand in hand with global leadership and our regional venture generation fund teams on partnership origination, execution and management.
We are seeking an exceptional Director to join our Business Development and Collaborations Group to drive revenue opportunities in collaboration with Antler’s Global Platform Group.
You are a highly energetic, independent professional with a deep entrepreneurial mindset, strong individual motivation and a highly collaborative, team-oriented working style. Most importantly you conduct yourself with a deep sense of personal and professional integrity. You thrive and are fueled by the ethos and pace of a fast scaling organization on a mission to fundamentally change the world.
This is an exciting, fast paced opportunity for the right person to be a true business builder within a highly ambitious, impact driven global organization. Antler is growing incredibly fast, from day one you will have a front row seat at a global VC in hyperscale mode. If you are ready to get onboard, we are excited to get to know you!
Who You Are
- 5-10 years Global business development experience with an exceptional track record of generating group revenue and building a partner ecosystem from the ground up with a history of over-attainment against targets
- Previous experience in partner management, partner operations or marketing role preferred; past technical experience in a B2B context (product management, solutions architect, sales engineering) a plus
- Demonstrated success in building channel distribution for B2B technology businesses, hands on experience architecting bespoke partnership structures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, hands on negotiation experience with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Can deliver results, brings a deep sense of ownership and can manage relationships at the highest level
- Critical problem-solving and analytical skills and great business judgment
- Highly comfortable in fluid, rapidly changing environments with a proven ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight
- Culturally and functionally agile and a strong business and thought partner who works collaboratively and effectively cross-functionally with colleagues at all levels
- International business acumen and experience - Able to adopt to different cultural environments and mindsets. Knows how to navigate cultural differences.
What You Will Do
You will work closely with the Global Head of the Group and the Global Head of Platform to develop and execute the revenue engine for the firm:
- Lead overall Platform Partner "Go-To-Market" strategy and originate new Platform collaborations with the expected outcome of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, design, and operationalize partnership opportunities, establishing KPIs that will measure the success of the partnership initiatives
- Own end to end relationships with partners, maintaining senior executive-level contacts
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to drive Group project execution at global and regional levels
- Represent Antler with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- You will have an opportunity to create a legacy at Antler and have a discernible impact by building the platform that enables hundreds of companies and thousands of founders
- An opportunity to materially impact the direction and success of Antler globally by bringing onboard the next generation of Antler talent and leaders
- An opportunity to build deep understanding of venture capital, early-stage investing, and what makes early-stage companies successful
- We are backed by well-known and prominent investors and advisors
We offer a competitive salary paired with performance based incentives.
Remote, U.S. preferred