Community and Content Manager Antler Canada
Community and Content Manager Antler Canada
Location: Toronto / Canada
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in, and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Sydney and, most recently, Toronto. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 450 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, blockchain, NFTs, deeptech and fintech. The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
We are driven by a desire to help exceptional people change the world, and through our model we aim to set a new standard for how to support great founders from the earliest stage. How we articulate and communicate this vision is critical to our ability to attract and enable the world’s greatest founders.
With our global presence, we engage with a large community of founders, investors and people interested in innovation and entrepreneurship. Our communication enables us to share the opportunities Antler brings to founders as well as share the exciting news from our portfolio companies and engage with communities worldwide.
We are looking for a Community and Content Manager in Toronto who will build Antler into the clear #1 investor brand for early-stage entrepreneurs across Canada. The role will together with the fund partners to define the community and content strategy for Antler Canada.
You are a natural storyteller and can adapt style and voice across different platforms. You can make high-value/ cool content in a variety of formats - from written, to audio, to video; from podcasts, to newsletters to tweetstorms. You have a solid body of work to showcase your content creation abilities (in any format or medium).
You will hold key relationships with our PR agency to help grow our brand in Canada. You will also help us attract the best founders by organizing events. In addition, you will also support our Canadian portfolio companies with their community and content efforts as they scale.
- Being responsible for promoting Antler in Canada to support recruiting thousands of founders a year that will create 20-30 great companies originating from our cohorts.
- Building a strong brand and PR strategy with our PR agency for Antler in Canada to establish Antler as the pre-eminent brand for the new startup generation.
- Building a strong content marketing strategy including written word, images, videos and podcasts to continuously push high-quality content into the market.
- Plan and manage various external events in Toronto and potentially elsewhere in Canada to promote Antler as a trusted brand in startup communities.
- Mentor and support the portfolio companies on their go-to-market strategies and help build community and content.
- Community listening and management: Grow and nurture our communities and ensure that everything we do on our channels is grounded in audience understanding, data and insights.
- Support the Partners with design and content creation for internal stakeholders.
- Higher education from an accredited University and several years of work experience in PR or marketing.
- 3-5 years of experience in community or content. Prior work targeting Canadian founders and the VC ecosystem is an asset.
- Ability to build an effective tracking framework and make decisions based on data as we continue to improve and increase our marketing effectiveness.
- A portfolio of your content creation and distribution work that has achieved engagement with the target audience; particularly using online techniques.
- Familiarity with design and content creation tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities.
- Must be in Toronto or Toronto area
- Passion for entrepreneurship and believe the world needs more change-makers and innovators.
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution.
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment to setting and achieving lofty goals.
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver.
What we offer
- Opportunity to build and execute the community and content strategy for the entire region of Canada.
- A rare chance to enjoy the best of both VC and startup culture.
- Be part of a small, impactful team where each person executes, while also being part of a broader global organization that’s expanding rapidly in the Canadian market.
- Great learning and networking opportunities with experienced colleagues, startup founders, financial institutions, and tech ecosystem leaders.
- Significant personal growth opportunities
- Competitive salary
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for an inspiring and challenging experience within a global venture capital firm.
For more information about Antler, please visit antler.co