Senior Founder Scout Associate
Our operation in Singapore is our first location, globally. Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Our goal is to provide access to support, guidance, and encouragement to founders in the very first days of launching their company and to ultimately help increase the number of people who successfully pursue their dreams of building a company.
About the Job
As Senior Founder Scouting Associate you will own our end-to-end recruitment of Founders for Antler’s Singapore programs. This includes identifying, attracting, and assessing the best Founders in the region. You will also have ownership over building and improving internal processes, reports, and databases to create continuous improvement of Founders' experience and our internal effectiveness. Additionally, you will support the development of Antler’s brand and positioning in this market, helping define Antler as the first choice for Founders wanting to build a company.
As the Manager of Founder Scouting, your main role will be to ensure that we continue building Antler into a brand that is able to attract the best founders to come work with us on launching their next company. One of the most important aspects of this role is ensuring Antler provides a phenomenal experience to every founder we interact with, this will include:
- Develop and execute outbound founder scouting strategy for Singapore and the region.
- Build and engage a thriving founder community in Singapore by activating our networks.
- Develop and manage university partnerships in and around this market to bring students & alumni who are building startups.
- Coordinate and support the Marketing Team on the strategy and execution of inbound founder scouting, including events, content marketing, and partnerships.
- Screen founder applications and conduct interviews of founders who have applied to join the Antler program.
- Ensure a clean handover of selected and accepted founders to the Program Team who will be onboarding the founders into Singapore’s Antler program.
- Build, document, and train the teammates on clear processes around a Founders' journey when applying to Antler.
- Build, document, and train teammates on clear processes around the internal management of founders through the selection and screening process.
- Build tracking and reporting on founder application & interview data and distribute to the entire team on a monthly basis. Use this data to continue making tweaks and improvements to our Founder scouting strategy and processes.
- Build operational improvements that improve how we source, screen, and on-board Founders in Singapore
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Business acumen - understand business concepts. You will be reviewing thousands of ideas, decks, and companies.
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies.
- Experience or strong interest in sourcing, interviewing, and candidate experience.
- Knowledge of the Singapore and SEA tech and startup landscape.
- Entrepreneurial experience, having been an early employee in a small or early-stage company is a big plus.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Bias for execution, always willing to get your hands dirty vs. delegate and delay.
- Incredibly strong communicator, both written and spoken.
- Genuinely interested in helping founders build successful companies.
- Able to think deeply about problems and come up with insightful solutions.
- Organized and diligent at managing a complex pipeline.
- Clear track record of strong initiative and autonomy to accomplish goals.
What you can expect
- Be part of one of the most active venture capital firms globally, which invests in and supports hundreds of new portfolio companies every year
- Work in a fast-growing global organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one, in a supportive culture with colleagues across all continents
- A fun and highly-qualified team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- Opportunity to create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of a company that will invest in and support thousands of disruptive companies over the coming years and support exceptional entrepreneurs from around the world who are making a difference