CONTENT ASSOCIATE, ANTLER INDIA
At Antler India we are looking for a strategic and editorially-savvy 'thinker-writer' who can help build our brand by creating original and defining pieces for the startup ecosystem.
- ABOUT ANTLER
- At Antler (www.antler.co), we invest in the next generation of founders who address the world’s greatest opportunities and challenges. Antler is one of the world’s fastest growing VC firms, with a portfolio of over 500 startups across 6 continents and several hundred million dollars of assets under management across funds.
- Antler India is the global pre-seed partner for India’s top founders and iconic startups. By combining a vast global network, institutional resources, significant follow-on funding and extensive hands-on support in venture building from Day 0, we solve for a missing piece in India’s growing startup ecosystem.
- We launched operations in India in 2021, with plans to deploy up to $150 million in the next 2-3 years. Our team consists of former founders and investors across a wide variety of sectors. Antler India has a portfolio of 22 companies (and counting) across a wide range of sectors - with a majority focusing on "building from India, for the world" - including Web3, SAAS, Fintech, Social, Travel, D2C and Consumer Tech, and aims to have a portfolio of close to 100 companies over the next 24 - 36 months.
- Here are some additional resources for you to go through to learn more about our firm:
- In early 2022 we launched India's boldest initiative for college founders, and India's most exclusive platform for for aspiring founders to find their co-founders, with both the inaugural cohorts underway currently. We also aim to be one of the most active funds in shaping Web3 from India.
- We are now hiring an exceptional self-starter and thinker as Content Associate within our Marketing Team.
- THE ROLE
- At Antler India we are looking for a strategic and editorially-savvy 'thinker-writer' who can help build our brand by creating original and defining pieces for the startup ecosystem.
- In this role, you will operate at the bleeding edge of startup ecosystem developments, future trends and interact with some of the smartest minds in the country.
- Your role is a combination of a journalist, an editor, a publisher and a researcher.
- This role would push your craft in a variety of ways, from deep research, broad narrative development, thesis building and writing, copy editing, developing marketing materials, crafting case studies, to writing high-value thought leadership pieces.
- As Content Associate, you will be a part of the marketing team. In this role you will:
- Work closely with the investment team, founders and experts to write sectoral or thematic thesis (for e.g. our view on where the future of web3 gaming is headed)
- Develop investment memos for our portfolio companies
- Take our newsletters to the next-level and grow our audience
- Research and publish ground-breaking industry reports.
- Liaise with our PR agency on press-releases, articles and announcements.
- PS: While handling social media is not a part of this role, we are open to taking a call based on the strengths and interests of the candidate.
- Overall, you will help develop and distribute content that influences, educates, and sometimes entertains :)
- This is a HIGHLY CEREBRAL, hands-on, challenging role that involves working closely with the Partners, marketing team, investment team and founders. While your primary focus will be India, you will be part of a larger global team with access to work with top founders and companies in the Antler portfolio.
- At Antler, you will be part of a close-knit and high-performing team. We consistently score high on our team barometer/ work-happiness quotient and are proud of our respectful, collaborative and result-oriented work culture.
- This role is based in Bangalore - we have a hybrid work model.
- YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You have a diverse body of work - your past work reflects that you can think and write at the intersection of internet culture, tech, trends, concepts (could be any passion point or area of interest such as psychology, economics, productivity or any such.)
- You have 3-6 years of writing/editing experience at a media outlet or thriving startup or business, or a combo of that.
- You are intellectually curious and omnivorous in interests; someone who loves tech, people, and innovation. You are curious about the future, and closely follow developments.
- Big bonus: you have created a strong personal brand online, or are actively working towards one.
- You can do deep primary and secondary research and produce your own pipeline of original pieces.
- You can ‘connect the dots’ between ideas, develop concepts with deep insights.
- You have a fresh, modern voice
- You can think critically and orthogonally
- You are in on the latest content and media trends and strategies.
- You are a natural storyteller and can adapt writing style and voice across different platforms.
- You are passionate about working with founders, operators and within the Indian startup ecosystem + committed to the spirit and intent of the company's core values
- Note: Even if you don’t check off everything in the list, but you think you have what it takes to flourish in the role - we encourage you to apply. We are also not hard-fixed on hiring someone with a particular number of years of experience - if you fit the archetype and have the skills, let’s have a conversation!
- WHAT CAN ANTLER INDIA DO FOR YOU?
- At Antler India, we strongly believe in diversity of ideas and people. We believe that there is immense potential in the India ecosystem for entrepreneurial talent to thrive and succeed. We want to be at the forefront, helping and enabling this success across diverse sectors, people, ideas and products. If you feel similarly, you will enjoy working at Antler India.
- We foresee multiple ways to grow as a professional at Antler. We believe this opportunity can significantly fast-track a career in VC, startups, marketing and more. Antler India also provides a terrific launch-pad for entrepreneurship, e.g. operations at an early-stage firm or founding a startup. We also enable our team members to grow as intrapreneurs (owning and scaling a product within Antler). For candidates who are very passionate about VC, each Antler India role has a potential opportunity for partner-track growth. Being a global-first organization, we also provide significant access to opportunities in a wide range of geographies.
- Additionally, you are eligible for:
- Carry from the Antler India Fund
- Antler India Profit Sharing Pool
- Group Medical Insurance
- Any other org. wide perk for Antler India
- THE PROCESS
- Please fill the application form on this page (see top-right). You will receive an automated acknowledgement of your application
- We will send over a short assignment - this will be your first screening round. Post reviewing the submission, we will schedule a conversation with you.
- There will be 4-5 rounds of conversations with our partners and members of our team. We are a small team, so having multiple conversations is helpful to us and for you to get a sense of the firm.
- This is a full-time role, with competitive compensation (based on your experience and expertise).
- All the best :)
- WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM JOINING ANTLER
- Be part of one of the most active venture capital firms globally, which invests in and supports hundreds of new portfolio companies every year
- Work in a fast-growing global organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one, in a supportive culture with colleagues across all continents
- A fun and highly-qualified team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- Opportunity to create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of a company that will invest in and support thousands of disruptive companies over the coming years and support exceptional entrepreneurs from around the world who are making a difference