Antler, a global early-stage venture capital firm, is seeking an Accounting Associate to join our global accounting team. This role offers a unique experience to work with finance teams across the world in group financial reporting. Details below!
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Sydney, and, most recently, in Toronto. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 300 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech, and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
The Antler Team
We have a strong focus on people. We believe that building an exceptional team is critical to our success, and target building a team of mission-driven, ambitious people.
The Antler team comprises entrepreneurs, VC investors, and operators with strong track records of building and investing in fast-growing companies. The team has built companies such as fashion e-commerce company Zalora, e-commerce marketplace Lazada, music streamer Spotify, to name a few. Examples of team members include:
Magnus Grimeland, CEO: former co-founder of Zalora (exit to Global Fashion Group), former Norwegian Navy Seal and McKinsey Junior Partner.
Stefan Jung, CIO: founder of Venturra Capital, among the highest-returning funds in Southeast Asia. Invested in unicorns such as Grab, Traveloka, Carro and Lazada at Seed/Series A.
Winnie Khoo: Partner and co-head of Antler Singapore, operating and leadership roles with tech and media giants like Alibaba, PropertyGuru, Carousell
Anne Tutar: Partner and co-head of Antler Norway, founder / CEO of FutureFoods, Turkey’s first health food FMCG, expanded across five markets, exit in 2017
KC Agerup: co-founder of Hugin (SaaS company acquired by Euronext), and later co-founded Northzone, the leading European VC fund that invested in e.g. Spotify and iZettle. Co-founder of StartupLab and the Norwegian Founders Fund.
Teddy Himler: former investor at SoftBank, invested in e.g. Dialpad ($1.2bn valuation) and Tokopedia ($18bn valuation, merged with Grab).
Since Antler’s inception in 2017, we have grown our platform to ~150+ amazing people in 16 markets across five continents around the world. To empower and sustain our expansion aspirations, we now seek an exceptional Accounting Associate with the versatility and cultural agility to own and drive full-cycle accounting for different subsidiaries, across different geographies. You thrive and are fueled by the ethos and pace of a fast scaling organisation on a mission to fundamentally change the world.
This is a highly impactful, visible, and exciting opportunity for the right person. Antler is growing incredibly fast, and from day one you will have a front row seat at a global VC in hyperscale mode. You will be joining a brand new accounting team which serves as the core accounting function to all of Antler’s subsidiaries. If you are ready to get onboard, we are excited to get to know you!
- Perform day-to-day financial accounting and bookkeeping, general ledger entries, monthly/quarterly accounts closing, bank reconciliations
- Support in invoicing, accounts receivables and payment/expense management functions, including payroll, vendor payments and expense reimbursements
- Support the finance teams in the preparation of annual financial statements, external audit requirements and tax filing with regulators
- Support the finance teams in the execution of ad-hoc projects
- Interact and problem-solve with finance teams across different time zones
- Continuously improve and optimize our financial workflows and conventions
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office or Google Suite
- Experience in XERO is preferred and experience in other similar accounting software e.g. QuickBooks, Hyperion, etc. would be considered
- Sound and proven knowledge in International or Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS / SFRS)
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance and supervision across time zones
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude
- Ability to constructively question the status quo, and propose constructive and creative ideas to address observed gaps.
- Ability to thrive on challenges in a very fast-paced and high-volume environment where quality and speed are of essence.
- Knowledge of Oracle software is a bonus
What we offer
- You will have an opportunity to start in a newly-created accounting function and help structure our team and processes to effectively execute the function
- You will have an opportunity to start off in an individual contributor role and potentially look to lead a team as the function expands
- You will have an opportunity to interact with different teams across geographies
- You will have an opportunity to work remotely and have a high degree of flexibility and autonomy in your schedule
- You will have an opportunity to build deep understanding of venture capital, early-stage investing, and what makes early-stage companies successful
We offer a competitive salary with a potential future track to a leadership role