Founder Scouting Manager
Austin or New York City (Remote considered)
About Antler in the U.S.
Our operations in the United States started in 2019 and were the 4th expansion location of Antler. We currently have programs running in New York City and Austin with a mission to continue expanding across the country. Our goal is to provide access to support, guidance and encouragement to founders in the very first days of launching their company and through this, increase the number of people in the United States who successfully pursue their dreams of building a company.
About the job
As Founder Scouting Manager you will own our end-to-end recruitment of Founders across the United States. This includes identifying, attracting, and assessing the best Founders in the region. You will also have ownership over building and improving internal processes, reports and databases to create continuous improvement of Founders' experience and our internal effectiveness. Additionally, you will support the development of Antler’s brand and positioning in this market, helping define Antler as the first choice for Founders wanting to build a company.
Ownership of Founder Scouting for the United States
As the Manager of Founder Scouting, your main role will be to ensure that we continue building Antler into a brand that is able to attract the best talent across the United States to come work with us on launching their next company. One of the most important aspects of this role is insuring Antler provides a phenomenal experience to every founder we interact with, this will include:
- Develop and execute outbound founder scouting strategy for the entire U.S., including coordinating the Antler team's relationship building with key stakeholders at universities, tech companies and other founder rich networks.
- Coordinate and support the Marketing Team on the strategy and execution of inbound founder scouting, including events, content marketing, and partnerships.
- Screen founder applications and conduct interviews of founders who have applied to join the Antler program.
- Ensure a clean handover of selected and accepted founders to the Founder Onboarding Team.
- Build, document and train the team on clear processes around a Founders' journey when applying to Antler.
- Build, document and train the team on clear processes around internal management of founders through the selection and screening process.
- Build tracking and reporting on founder application & interview data and distribute to the entire team on a monthly basis. Use this data to continue making improvements to our Founder scouting strategy and processes.
- Build and manage a growing Founder Scouting Team in the United States.
As a Member of the U.S. Deal Team:
In additional to your role leading Founder Scouting, you will also have the opportunity to be a part of the deal team and work directly with Founders that you love to help them succeed. This will include:
- Personally identify and recruit high quality founders through your network that you are excited to work with.
- Work with selected founders to shepherd them through the interview and onboarding process successfully, helping answer any questions or concerns they may have and managing logistics with them.
- Work with founders while in the program to successfully launch their business and prepare for pitch week.
- Help close investments into founders who successfully pass our pitch week.
- Support your successful founders as a coach and mentor while they launch and grow in the real world.
How will success be measured?
- Founder NPS through recruitment and onboarding
- Number of selected founders in each program
- Number of successful investments in each program
- Success of your individual deals
- Strong 360 reviews from your team as a strong team player and contributor to our mission
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Bias for execution, always willing to get your hands dirty vs. delegate and delay.
- Incredibly strong communicator, both written and spoken.
- Genuinely interested in helping founders build successful companies.
- Able to think deeply about problems and come up with insightful solutions.
- Organized and diligent at managing a complex pipeline.
- Clear track record of strong initiative and autonomy to accomplish goals.
- Clear track record of hunger & grit through previous endeavors
- Someone with strong self awareness and that is a team player
- Someone with immense curiosity about the world.