Portfolio Management Associate - Nordics
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 350 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
As a Portfolio Management Associate , you will support Antler Nordics in the areas of portfolio management, investment evaluation, company presentations, data analysis and other duties and projects set forth by the company from time to time.
- Creative drive, ability to brainstorm and problem solve efficiently across various business functions in a fast paced changing environment.
- Academic understanding of business, finance and economics as well as strong competence in Excel, data modeling and market analysis.
- Understanding of idea assessment within an investment context, due diligence and fundraising.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and belief that the world needs more change-makers and innovators.
- Fluent in English
- MSc Degree or higher in a Business-related field from top tier university / college in the Nordics
- Top academic performer compared to peers
- Previous experience from fast growing startups or in the financial industry (as a part-time engagement or full-time)
As our Portfolio Management Associate - you will:
- Acting as the main point of contact (POC) with the portfolio companies and support them and the partners ongoingly
- Establish and build close knit contacts with the ecosystem in the Nordics and beyond
- Promote and support Antler companies to relevant stakeholders and ecosystem players
- Support ongoing portfolio companies in various key areas, such as product development, sales and marketing enhancement, talent recruitment, and overseas expansion strategy, to make sure portfolio companies could meet their predetermined milestones
- Support portfolio companies in fundraising
- Assist in and drive investment processes and deals for portfolio companies, including drafting and reviewing legal documentation, reviewing financial models, and supporting deal structuring
- Update and keep track of each portfolio company performance
- Suggest, create and run relevant workshops from time to time
- Evaluate ongoing external ideas and deal flow
- Prepare investment presentations and memos
- Coach teams and founders as needed
- Support as needed in fund admin related areas
- Ongoing support in other areas of Antler’s business as needed, e.g. program start, Investment Committee process and more
- The employment is a full-time position
- Fixed salary
- Based in Stockholm, Sweden with some travelling required from time to time
- Work in a fast-growing organisation with a lot of responsibilities from day one
- Unique opportunity to experience the full lifecycle of a startup and develop in various areas, both in the venture building field and beyond
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership role both in local and global team
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- An international environment where there’s room to grow
- Great offices at WeWork Stockholm
Application is reviewed ongoingly. Apply by submitting your CV as soon as possible and no later than 15 February 2022.