Full Stack Software Engineer
Sydney / Remote
You’ll join Antler Education as a Software Engineer in our small, agile team working on the Antler Launch Academy (ALA.)
The Antler Launch Academy went live in July 2020 and is on target to support 20K people in 2021. We provide online resources, tools and support to curious technologists and aspiring founders, so that they successfully launch their startup.
You’ll be working closely with a PM, Tech Lead and Engineers to build out the next phase of the product including a free content library, extensive user experience upgrades, a recommendation/prediction engine and tools to support founders.
This role is based in our Antler Sydney office alongside the Antler Education team. We are a hybrid team who come into the office 2-3 days a week. On one hand, we optimise for in-person working as we believe creativity happens when humans come together in the real world (not the metaverse.) On the other hand, we are outcome focused and support flexible working hours and locations so that you can simultaneously do your best work AND live your best life.
Note: Interested in the role but aren’t based in Sydney? Don’t worry. We believe exceptional talent trumps location. Apply now!
What we offer
- - Salary $120K + Super
- - Full ownership and accountability. What you do matters. You’ll see the fruits of your labour and be a vital member in a strong team.
- - No more meaningless Zoom meetings. We’re an action oriented team, on a mission.
- - No monolithic mess. A greenfields codebase waiting to be sewn with new lines of code.
- - No need to write a meaningless cover letter rephrasing the values section of the Antler website. Infact, we should be writing a cover letter about why we want to work with you!
What you’ll do
- - Own scalable and maintainable code all the way through to production and verify it’s solving the right problem for the customer.
- - Ship fast, small increments to iterate quickly towards building working software.
- - Understand the reasoning behind product decisions and contribute to implementation and architecture discussions.
- - Support other engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- - When you do it, you nail it. We’ve iterated quickly to find product market fit and get to where we are. In 2022, we’re turning our attention to quality. We are looking for someone who doesn’t half-ass their work. What you ship is top-notch!
Skills and experience we are looking for
- - 2 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company.
- - Strong in: React, TypeScript, Node.js, and Google Cloud/Firebase (Auth, Firestore, Storage, Functions, Cloud Run, etc).
- - Experience in front-end engineering and API design and implementation.
- - Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing.
- - The desire to work in a collaborative software development environment with tangible outcomes.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t tick all the boxes. We understand that experience comes in all shapes and sizes. If you think you’d be a good fit, click “Apply”!
More about Antler and Antler Education
Antler Education (the team you’ll be in), is a business unit of Antler and owns the Antler Launch Academy.
Antler is a global early stage VC. We bring exceptional individuals together to build tech companies from the ground up. In three years of operations, Antler has grown to have a presence in 14 cities around the world, including offices in most major startup ecosystems, including New York, Berlin, London, Singapore, and Sydney. Antler has invested in over 300 companies to date.