Senior Investment Associate
Antler (www.antler.co) is the world’s largest technology company builder and a global early-stage venture capital firm. We identify, invest in and challenge the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies. Antler was founded by Harvard and McKinsey alumni and former successful entrepreneurs. We build hundreds of technology companies every year.
With offices in New York, London, Sydney, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Singapore and Nairobi, Antler is accessing entrepreneurs, technologies, opportunities and ecosystems across five continents, and invests in the top 1-1.5% of entrepreneurs and ideas.
The ambition for Antler is to be the world’s #1 early-stage VC, a partner for the most exceptional people from pre-idea to IPO. We are building a global platform, aiming to be present in the most important entrepreneurial hubs in the world. Globally we invested in 300 new companies every year and aim to increase this to 1,000 new companies built annually to solve some of the world’s largest problems. We invest in the companies our founders build, continue investing in the companies as they scale, and also invest in early-stage founders outside of the existing Antler portfolio.
We have a strong focus on people. We believe that building an exceptional team is critical to our success. We aim to build a diverse and high-performing team both locally and globally.
The Investment Associate role
This role is aimed to support founders both pre and post-investment. This includes supporting the founders throughout the formation and ideation phase and supporting portfolio companies to succeed (fundraise, grow, and exit) through hands-on support, along with creating better systems, processes, and tools. The role also includes supporting the operations of the Antler program and the growth of Antler’s footprint in Central Europe.
- Help create best practice processes across both local and global investment and portfolio management.
- Operational involvement; supporting the program and founders with anything from ideation to team formation and pitch practice.
- Supporting portfolio companies to fundraise through introductions, liaising with VCs and other investors, support with term sheets, etc. You will see the fundraising process from start to finish.
- Conduct due-diligence and come up with investment recommendation for the Partners and Investment committee
- Research on market trends and opportunities
- Support the team with a wider range of projects spanning corporate partnerships to expansion to other geographies
- Highly organised and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, ambiguity, and willingness to support the growth of Antler
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- High level of ambition which will translate to building the DNA of Antler as a world-class company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and speak in a structured and articulate manner
- Passion for entrepreneurship and believe the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment to setting and achieving lofty goals
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Relevant experience in a highly competitive environment e.g. top-tier management consulting, Venture Capital, Startups or investment banking
- Education from top-tier university including relevant internships
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience
What we offer
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies across Central Europe that will define the next wave of tech
- Be part of a highly qualified and hardworking team and a global firm that is growing rapidly
- Opportunity to work in Venture Capital and build expertise in investment and early-stage company formation
- Build experience in supporting early-stage companies
- Opportunity to impact the direction and success of the companies you are working with
- Going forward, the opportunity to take larger responsibilities within Antler, on the investment side, the portfolio side, or taking a larger pan-regional or global role
- Competitive salary