Position: Founder Associate
Location: Toronto / Canada
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in, and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Sydney, and, most recently, in Toronto. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 300 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech. The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
We are looking for a Founder Scout for our operations in Canada. The role is pivotal for our success, both in the region and globally, as finding high quality founders is one of the most important elements in our business as a venture builder.
We are looking for a person with a very high level of business acumen to identify and attract the right talents to our startup generation program. You will be speaking with the applicants on why they want to be founders, listening to and understanding the problems they want to solve. Although no recruitment experience is necessary, you must be able to communicate and convince founders that Antler is the best place to start their companies, as the best founders we aim to find will have many other options.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with extremely motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs and the founders of future startup successes.
- Passionately drive & strategize the end-to-end sourcing of the 120+ founders that will create 15-30 great companies originating from our cohorts across Canada every year.
- Assist in defining founders we are looking for, where they are located and how we reach them with our value proposition.
- Work closely with Marketing & PR to execute a targeted talent marketing strategy and offer the best founder experience.
- Provide support to accepted applicants and ensure a flawless onboarding process.
- Be a powerful brand ambassador for Antler.
- Business acumen - understand business concepts. You will be reviewing thousands of ideas, decks, and companies.
- Demonstrated interest in sourcing, interviewing, and candidate experience.
- Experience working in high growth technology companies or a demonstrated passion for the startup ecosystem and founders
- Independent and proactive with a very positive attitude.
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment.
- A personality that founders want to work with.
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, moving targets, and ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Very organized.
What we offer
- Opportunity to find and nurture the best talents that will generate many of the leading companies of the future.
- Opportunity to build and work with highly qualified and fun teams.
- Opportunity to take part in the early shaping and vision of the next generation of disruptive tech companies in Canada.
- Competitive remuneration.
Note: Role is based in Toronto.
For more information about Antler, please visit antler.co