Looking for a highly creative, non-traditional thinker and a brilliant writer who can create differentiated brand properties and tell compelling stories to engage with the Indian start-up ecosystem.
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. One of the world’s fastest growing VC firms; to date, Antler has invested in over 300 companies globally across 30 different industries. Of these companies, 40% have at least one female co-founder, and the founders represent 70 nationalities.
Earlier this year, Antler announced a full-fledged launch in India, with the goal of deploying $100M in India in the next 3 years.
As Marketing Associate at Antler India, you will work closely with Ishavasyam to build our brand, bring defining content to Indian founders, launch and manage Antler India's social media channels, do community marketing, network with founders and startup-operators, and work across PR, Events and Partnerships.
(BONUS: Besides, you'll also get to engage in philosophical discussions with @telljeeves, unlearn and re-learn everything you know with @nitinsharma1, learn how to conquer the world before breakfast with @_duxfemina_, become an *actual* influencer and role model for VCs with @nandiniv, learn army-grade discipline with @ultasawaal, pick up deep industry insights from @Vineet_Agarwal_, geek-out on astro-photography and sector analysis with @samiksha0396 , and get a masterclass on GIFs and managing founder communities from @karanprasad22)
Whoa! Best job ever?!
(PS: Our team has this awesome nerd-cool energy, and if that's your thing too, come be a part of our tribe ❤️ We consistently score an average of 4.9/5 on our team barometer/ work-happiness quotient and are proud of our respectful, collaborative and learning & result-oriented work culture)
You might be a good fit if...
- You’re into marketing. Specifically the social kind, content and community building kind 🙂 You have 3-5 years of marketing experience under your belt, and know how to build modern, premium brands. You're good at marketing strategy and planning. You can do event marketing, content marketing, social media, email marketing, public relations and maybe even some creative. You like it all, and you’re willing to learn something new.
- You can weave magic with words. You are a natural storyteller. You can think critically, research deeply and craft compelling stories, essays and articles. You understand the nuances of structure, flow and pace in long-form writing. You can write smart, concise, clean short-form content. You obsess over grammar, and find joy and beauty in well-crafted sentences.
- You're an idea person. You can think laterally, and come-up with wonderful, sometimes even weird ideas 🤷🏽♀️. You can think both in terms of 'breadth' (can you put 100 ideas on the table?) and 'depth' (how deep you can go into one idea and detail it down to execution?)
- You’re good at coordinating. With people. On all types of projects.
- You dig deadlines. Set your Pomodoros. Productivity for the win!
- You're big on reading!
- Bonus: You have created or are working towards creating your personal brand (on any social or other platform)
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the creation of long-term strategic marketing framework for the brand
- Work on marketing projects across channels to increase Antler's awareness with potential founders and early-stage founders.
- Conceptualize and build repeatable content properties in various form-factors including virtual events and experiences, blogs, newsletters and more.
- Undertake content marketing and experiment with innovative formats and channels.
- Undertake projects that involve researching, scouting for domain experts, interviewing and creating thought-leadership content.
- Launch and manage a highly differentiated social media presence + undertake audience/ community building initiatives.
- Craft press releases and other PR material for media.
- Juggle multiple critical, time-sensitive, and high-visibility marketing projects
- Coordinate with Antler Global team on best practices and overall alignment.
We'd like you to:
- Have a bachelor’s or master's degree in marketing, media, journalism or a related field.
- Have 3-5 years of integrated brand marketing/ content marketing experience.
- Have a solid body of work to showcase experience in copywriting and developing marketing materials.
- Have excellent proofreading skills and eye for detail.
- Be a confident, curious builder who is driven to make things happen.
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills and strong time management skills.
- Display high levels of ownership, proactiveness and ability to work independently to develop, implement and manage projects end-to-end.
- Be passionate about working with founders, operators and within the Indian startup ecosystem + committed to the spirit and intent of the company's core values
Process & Other details:
- Please fill and submit the application form.
- We'll get back to you with an assignment, and follow it up with 2-3 rounds of interview with various team members.
- Please note that it would not be possible for us to get back with feedback on every assignment/ chat. However, we will let you know on the decision on your application soonest!
- This is a full-time role, with competitive compensation.
- We're all working remotely, for now. (We haven't decided whether we will work from office after the pandemic, or opt for a hybrid model. We are based out of Bangalore, so please apply only if you are in a position to either relocate at some point or are already in the city.)
- All the best 🤗
We are also hiring for the role of Content Strategist and Writer at Antler India - details here. Feel free to share/ refer folks!