Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies. We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world.
Through our regional HQs across 20+ major startup ecosystems (including Austin, New York, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Seoul and Sydney), we are changing the way VC investments are made and how founders are supported at scale globally. To date, we have helped build and invested in more than 400 companies across technologies and industries such as consumer, fintech, AI, robotics, drones, proptech and healthtech. Every year, we receive more than 100,000 applications from experienced entrepreneurs and teams that want to build their next company with Antler.
We aspire to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and to add tremendous value as a partner for exceptional founders over the long term.
About the role
We are currently looking for a top performing student for a finance internship. As a Finance intern you will get to work with both the Antler team as well as our world-class founders. For all the profiles we are looking for, a genuine interest in technology and the startup scene is a must! Responsibilities include:
- Assist with processing of investor onboarding documentation and liaising with fund administrators
- Liaise with portfolio companies to gather quarterly KPIs for accurate consolidation
- Support timely reporting to investors, governmental regulatory bodies, advisors and other relevant third parties
- Manage the accounts payable and cash management process, liaising with suppliers where required
- Support the invoices by Antler for the program fees, and ensure payments are received and correctly recorded
- Support formulation of the management accounts and forecast on a monthly basis, liaising with the external bookkeepers where required
- Support Finance Director with the fund matters, including board resolutions and drawdown notices
- Assist in the fundraising process as and when required
- Studying at an accredited University, preferably in a relevant field (Finance, Business Management, Business Law etc.)
- It is a plus to have experience of process management, ideally with some legal understanding
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferred
- Passion for entrepreneurship and believe the world needs more change-makers and innovators.
- Completer/finisher personality with an organised nature and an eye for detail.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, with smart, driven individuals.
- Confidence in dealing with investors, founders, suppliers and peers at all levels of seniority.
What we offer
- Work in a fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one
- Great learning and networking opportunities through working with experienced leaders from top consulting/finance firms, startup founders and tech community leaders
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- Opportunity to liaise with potential investors and inspirational founders across the Netherlands and global
- Gym on site in our beloved office the Edge Technologies in Amsterdam
- An international environment with significant room for growth
Start date: August 2022
Duration: 5-6 months